Thursday, February 11, 2010

Common Guys!

All this talk about southern gentlemen is going to make me sick! I agree that northern men at times can obnoxious, but I feel that it is our women that are to blame. Back home if a man treats a woman like a gentleman he is often accused of being too soft. Women in the north are extremely independent and refuse to allow men to treat them how southern peaches wish to be treated. Coming to the south I have seen that nice guys can finish first; but back home nice guys are often chewed up and spit out by our strong-willed women. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love northern girls and at times am attracted to their independence. But I have definitely caught a fever for these beautiful southern sweethearts.
If holding open doors and taking the extra time to be more courteous to others, which I have always tried to do, will help me land one of these belles; IM IN! I feel that It has been an easy transition for me though because I have always been brought up to live by the “Golden Rule”. Although I am a Yankee at heart, I have been able to play the role of a southern gentleman without too much trouble. The last thing I need to learn is how to keep my mouth shut more often.
-Jordan Conant

1 comment:

  1. Gentlemen, this conversation (like many at Georgia Tech) requires the voice of a women. Fast.

    ReplyDelete