Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Southern Music

While country music isn't my favorite genre of music it certainly isn't my least favorite. I despised country music growing up. Whenever I thought of country music all I could think about was gettin' drunk and talkin' about your dead dog. It wasn't till high school when my weightlifting coach only played country music during wokouts that I started to like country music. I distinctly remember my coach telling my the meaning behind the Toby Keith song "How Do You Like Me Now". From then on I would occasionally listen to country music.
Going along with what you said Nick, country music has become somewhat more of a "pop" tune. I especially like what Dr. Hoefer said when he talked about country music not being about living in the suburbs and going to the lake for the weekends. I absolutely hate that song "Online" by Brad Paisley. It has gotten to a point that I will completely turn off country music on the radio if a song like that comes on.
To me the best thing about country music is the women that sing it. Southern women are by far the most beautiful women on the face of the planet. They always have the nicest voices especially when compared to the lip singing of Ashley Simpson. And what can I say about Dolly Parton...


If you ask me what southern music is I will tell you to listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, and Marshall Tucker Band. You don't see too often new bands in the genre of Southern Rock. In my opinion, you will never be able to outdo the works of such aforementioned bands. They will always be enjoyed, you will always remember the lyrics to "Freebird", and nobody will put on a concert like the Charlie Daniels Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment