Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pleasure from Reading?

There have been few things in my entire life that I have completely hated, but reading has always been one of those things. I always felt that reading was the most annoying and painstaking activity that any teacher could possibly assign. Therefore I rarely read by choice and never became fond of many books. When I came to Georgia Tech a lot of things changed. The work load from every class increased and especially classes in which I had always excelled in (such as math, physics, and chemistry) became extremely difficult. Adding football practices and workouts to this already heavy work load and my schedule was packed. Little sleep, and lots of stress have been all too common since coming to Tech and I have learned how to appreciate rest.
It is in these times of rest where I have recently begun to enjoy reading. Sitting down with a book, looking into the life story of another (whether fictional or real) has become somewhat of a getaway for me. It is almost like I can escape all of the stress and commotion in my life and be surrounded by feelings of the story. Has reading always been a pleasurable activity for you? Do you feel the same stress relief that it provides me?
-Jordan Conant
p.s. sorry this is so late! I thought I was next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment