Superheros have definitely had a major impact on the media culture of America. Many of the movies I see have some sort of superhero or good protagonist that the audience admires and wishes to emulate. For example, Ironman 2 and Clash of the Titans are two recent movies that support this superhero ideal. I agree that it is difficult to determine why people love this mentality.
Perhaps it is because people inherently need someone to look up to. People need an example to copy to give direction to their lives. People like feeling safe and protected, and superheros provide this type of fantasy safety. Another possibility could be from something like the superstar effect. For example, people are drawn to the superstars of sports and their teams. The media could have invented superheros just to increase ratings and create sequels of movies with a different adventure of the same superhero. One of the new superhero movies coming out, titled Kick-Ass, is shown below.
It is about a group of normal humans who create superhero outfits and fight crime. People are entranced by these unique superheros. This movie shows how much people need heros in their lives and the effect that heros can have on society. Maybe I will see it and I will learn more about why people love heros so much.
Nicholas Keith
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment